Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Our Life Is Not Our Own

Today, I've lost one of my closest friends at church. She went to the Lord this morning at about 12nn.

I still can recall the moments where we have been together at church. Whenever they will be coming from Ilocos and will be staying at the church for a couple of weeks, I will come to the church even on weekdays to eat breakfast with them. From then on till about noon time she will keep on telling me her life stories over and over again. Yes, she has been so jolly. I always laugh whenever she says, "Ay apo. (in Ilocano)". The way she speaks is more than enough reason to make me smile and laugh at the top of my voice. I have no question about her faith. She have served the Lord well. I know and believe she is so very happy today. She is already at her Savior's loving arms. I love you, Sis. Zeny. Surely I will miss you, but I'm gonna see you in heaven soon.

Just as with my morning devotion today that speaks about death. The verse can be found on 2 Corinthians 5:1-8. Our life is not our own, it is God's. Being a believer of Christ, death to us is just the shadow of our path to heaven. Actually, our life on earth is not short, it is just enough. Enough to recognize and accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior and live a life that pleases Him. As the Book of Ecclessiastes 12:1 says, "Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, 'I find no pleasure in them'--"


Enjoy life with Jesus and again I say, "Live your life with Jesus".

No comments:

Post a Comment